Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fourth And Goal

I have been looking for a reason to start a 'mini-series' regarding LA metropolitan pho establishments for awhile now, and with the big game coming up and all, I made a gridiron decision to go for it. There was a small wait for command center clearance, but in no time I was docking my shuttle at the Alhambra spaceport right out front of Pho Super Bowl. Don't expect any ambiguous pass interference calls here, PSB has a solid Viet cafe menu that is fresco, steamy, and muy aromatico. I anxiously ordered cha gio (crispy rolls con puerco) served with glistening lettuce, mint, cilantro, marinated shredded veggies, and cold noodles. While I realize this is no new breakthrough for this dish, I did notice the other patrons (myself included) rolling up every morsel in the high quality greenery. As for soup, I sipped on pho nam (well-done flank with vermicelli) flavored perfectly with green cebollas, jalapenos, and basil. Do you have a cold, gout, depression, phobia (sorry), acne, etc...? If so, don't wait for the next write up, support your local broth pusher now---operators are standing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment