Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dimension Arax



I awoke on Domingo having had strange dreams revolving around Cafe Rakka (a spot on St. Marks often frequented by Senor Sharpie, B, and myself in the late 90's), so I knew straight away that falafel was somehow cosmically tied to the afternoon carta. With the sun shining brillante, I threw in some solid dancehall and rolled up Santa Monica blvd. pulling in at the 'sci-fi sounding': Falafel Arax. It seems like they ate a lot of blue and green liquid on the original Star Trek, but I happen to know that in the follow up series the crew had reliable comida replicators. This ensign here would most assuredly ask the computer for some simulated Arax before any painstaking leap into hyperspace, that's for sure. I had planned on eating vegetariano, but when I got a glimpse of the sandwich press I ordered shawourma (Armenian spelling) on french bread instead (two piece crispy falafel on the side for good measure). The pan was toasted perfectly, encasing the juicy carne, onions, tomates, and tahini garlic sauce with no fussy mess. Chased with pickles, peppers, and cola this a requisimo final meal option before being deployed on one of those fateful 'away team' missions. Engage.

3 comments:

  1. ATM inside, gracias Dios, when riding light on greenbacks. Chaka Rakka fries with some benign red powder dust. Energize...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad somebody is reading this shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, friendship on the take out tray...this is one of my favorite reads. Keep on eatin

    ReplyDelete