Monday, April 12, 2010

From The Roof Of The World


Que tal? fellow comida lovers and lo siento for the extended absence from my meager insights into the most profoundly important human question of all: What should I venture to eat? I must also apologize for not producing the first internacional entry of CCB while on a recent holiday in Panama. All the intentions were in order, and the local comida was good (highlighted by a simple yet tasty ceviche made with corvina {sea bass}, corn, and cebollas) but I guess in the end it just wasn't that interesting. On that note, I will try and pick up where I left off. One chilly LA Abril afternoon, K (who is now also Mrs. Basura) and I saddled up the Yak and took a circuitous route favored by adroit sherpas to the Crown City; locale of a Himalayan eatery decisively named Tibet Nepal House. The menu here consists of all kinds of appealing dishes like: Mo-Mo dumplings, Phing (long noodles, Sichuan peppers, star anise, verduras), and Thukpa. Today, the goal of our trek was the glimmering 'champagne brunch', a buffet consisting of: Aloo-Taamaa (bamboo shoots, potatoes, curry), tofu saag, pakora, vegetable curry, pollo curry, daal, grilled chicken, shrimp Machha, arroz, roti, and all the flutes of Andre you care to drink at one sitting. I'm not sure where the cheap bubbly idea came from (possibly the result of doing business in fancy pants Pasadena) but it actually complimented the curries quite nicely. Ah, it certainly is refreshing to be back on the trail again. And while I'm way too lleno after this lavish meal to start an expedition up Qomolongma, I can most definitely sit back and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment