Friday, December 11, 2009

Green Cedar of Alhambra

In a predominately Asian city located in the San Gabriel Valley, one restaurant in particular stands out like the ruins of old Tripoli. Senor Wahib's Lebanese cuisine is a cavernous establishment with a huge dining room, even bigger banquet hall, and an oversized back porch (evidently reserved for hitting the hookah). On a delightful and rainy Viernes, I saddled up and headed East in hopes of hot soup and roasted pollo. I must admit that I knew they recently added a Beirut influenced buffet, and I really did intend to order from the menu, but I'm just too much of a glutton to resist (one trip was more than enough). The luncheon feast consisted of: (main plate) arroz, spicy chicken and vegetables, saucy lamb with okra, fried pescado, grape leaf and cabbage dolmas, marinated roast chicken, and fries. (salad plate) tobouleh, yogurt with cucumber, hummus, baba ghanoush, and green salad. (sides) lentil soup and pita. I realize it's bad taste to talk about dinero but I must say that to indulge in this spread is less than 10 clams, incredible really. While I tried not get overly full, I certainly am glad that I didn't have to dodge any bullets, speak publicly, or briskly run in place upon taking my leave. All told, if you happen to be in the area, and for some reason are tired of all the excepcional Asian eats, this is your Mediterranean oasis.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly only dirt bread and dead chicken in Siwa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CCB disclaimer: images meant to invoke appetite only. no attempt of realistic conditions is intended or assumed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo glad u did this....I've always been curious about this place but too chicken to try it. =)

    ReplyDelete