Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hooray, Leftovers!

While I realize this doesn't sound at all exciting, you can rest assured that in this case I was faced with some damn fine reheatables. With K busy after work, I intended to go out in search of worthy comida to spiel about aqui on CCB. However, after checking the fridge (and my cash levels) I discovered the trove of Mrs. C's leftovers from a birthday bash for Mr. C last Sabado noche. Ah, perfecto! Beef stew, sigumchi, meat patties, kimchi, and bindaeduk. I settled in amidst the savory aromas, put on a favored podcast, and dined like it was 1999. The only downside, being depleted of proper arroz, I was forced to use some Uncle Ben's instant rice. I know the long grain variety of this brand has been heralded, but this stuff should be removed from the shelf. Well, eating at home can be truly rewarding sometimes. I saved ten bucks, listened to good tunes, and as a bonus got to mildly criticize a household name. Estoy satisfecho.

No comments:

Post a Comment